- Site Pages
- Chapter Documents
Vietnam Veterans of America
"Who We Are"
Vietnam Veterans of America - Chapter 617 - The Battlefield Chapter
We are the local chapter of a major veterans service organization (VSO), Vietnam Veterans of America. Our national organization received a Congressional Charter in 1986 to represent Vietnam veterans before the US Congress; the only major VSO to receive such a charter from Congress.
The Chapter's membership spans all of Prince William, all of Stafford County and the City of Fredericksburg, Virginia.
The Chapter was chartered in April 1992. We are actively involved in a variety of projects and programs to support and assist our communities, veterans and their families.
While our name implies that we might only assist Vietnam veterans, nothing could be further from true. Our national organization's tenet is "That no generation of veterans will ever forget another generation of veterans". We are available to assist all veterans and their families.
Among our local projects and programs are:
- HUD-VASH, Partner to help Veterans and their families who are in need.
- Participants in the Dale City Independents Day Parade.
- Assistance to local and state veterans care facilities.
- VDOT Adopt-A-Road (Ours is Hillendale Drive in Dale City, VA).
- Educational programs providing speakers to local schools when they study the Vietnam War.
- Charter members of the Fredericksburg Area Veterans Council sponsoring the Fredericksburg War Memorial.
- Charter members of the Manassas Committee that established the Manassas Veterans Memorial.
- A fully certified, trained Veteran Service Officer by the US Department of Veterans Affairs to assist veterans with a myriad of claims and requests for assistance from the US Government and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Official representation to advocate for veterans issues before Local, State, and National forums.
The Chapter meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM in the Prince William County Animal Shelter training room unless otherwise announced. The shelter is located about 1/2 mile East of Independent Hill, VA at the corner of Bristow Road and Route #234 (Dumfries-Manassas Road).
The Prince William County Animal Shelter address is - 14807 Bristow Road Manassas, VA 20112 Phone: 703-792-6465. The Prince William County Animal Shelter is located across from the Prince William County Landfill on Dumfries Road (Rt. 234).
Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) is the nation's only congressionally chartered veterans service organization dedicated solely to the needs of Vietnam-era veterans and their families. VVA's, founding principle is "Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another."
To contact the Chapter write to:
Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter #617
4547 Diehl Court
Woodbridge, VA 22193
Greetings, Fellow Veterans,
We would like to thank you for visting Vietnam Veterans of America - Battlefield Chapter #617's - "Overview" web page.
We hope you will find time to come out to one of the Chapter's meetings or other events to enjoy the camaraderie of fellow veterans.
Part of your Chapter's mission is to acknowledge Vietnam Veterans by finally welcoming them home. We hope that you, feel welcomed into the Chapter and feel at home with us.
At the top of this web page is a "Drop-Down Menu" that has links to other information about the Chapter - (Chapter's Home Page, Meeting Reports, Calendar and more...). Please take time to look around this web site for more information about Vietnam Veterans of America - Battlefield Chapter #617.
As we close, we want to assure you that if you have any questions about VVA that you need help with, please donít hesitate to contact us. If we donít have the answer, we will find it for you. You can contact us through the Chapter's email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
As always, please feel free to contact us with your thoughts, suggestions or questions.
This is the Chapter's "Overview" Web Page
Last Time Page Was Updated - September, 2016